Sunday, September 04, 2005

Can Music Guide your life?

Who knows, but it's fun.

Go to your music player of choice and put it all on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and after each one press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question.

What do you think of me?
Guitar Town - Steve Earle
In my heart of hearts, I'm a guitar slinger. The modern version of the Gun Slinger.

Will I have a happy life?
Midnight Train to Memphis - Kid Rock
I think we all spend time running from ourselves, using our vices of choice. Happiness comes when you come to turns with that. You must remember, life comes in the moments after temptation, when we've overcome our weaknesses.

What do my friends really think of me?
If You Only Knew - Tom Principato and Danny Gatton
Evocative of Rainy Nights and Easy Times. Friends should be cherished forever.

Do people secretly lust after me?
Voice Within - Christina Aguilera
Now if she secretly lusted after me, I'd be all set.

How can I make myself happy?
Fade to Black - Metallica
How appropriate, a film term. Indeed, following my dreams will make me happy. I shall endeavor to finish the writings I have started.

What should I do with my life?
Road of the Righteous - Dropkick Murphys
Live righteously, live well.
I hope I have been doing so and will continue doing so.

Why must life be so full of pain?
My Back Pages - Steve Earle
The Past haunts us, memories stay, even as they fade.

How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
Keep on Truckin' - The Road Hammers
Good advice, indeed.

Can you give me some advice?
It Can't Come Quickly Enough - Scissor Sisters
No, ambition is never happy with the time it takes to make it.

What do you think happiness is?
The Sickbed of Cuchulain - The Pogues
In my youth, the drunken debauchery and heroism of said drunkenness were indeed my lifeblood. Those were happy days.

Life is never easy, but always interesting.

No comments: