Friday, February 27, 2004

Who I am and Why I'm here.

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more; it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

- Shakespeare

How do I follow a quote like that? How can I claim myself a writer and dare to compare myself to old Bill himself, I don't, I won't and I can't. I just wanted to start off with a bang, with a powerful statement and Shakespeare is definitely the way to do that.

Why Macbeth you ask? It's my favourite tragedy by old Bill, with Richard III coming in a close second.
Roman Polanski's film version truly inspires and if you haven't seen Ian McKellen's Richard III, it is a remarkable interpretation for the cinema. See them both.

Personally I think Shakespeare would have adored Hollywood, flaws and all.

I suppose I should get to who I am and what I'm trying to do with this blog.

Tymen, that's the name I was given when I was born, I'm quite partial to it and am happy that it is fairly unique.

Ottawa, that's where I'm from. Ye olde capital of Canada for those who aren't in the know.

Writer, that's what I am in my heart of hearts. Currently working on several projects and even hope to direct a short film this summer. But, I need to find people who are willing to work for Glory and not much else.

Film and Television, both are passions of mine. Movies and Television are like a fine meal, they are to be savoured and explored. They should both make you take notice and think. They should draw you in and set your curiosity afire. (Curse the Gods of Television for canceling Angel and leaving my TV future Whedonless, although I await the Firefly movie with hope in my heart).

Role-Playing, is another passion of mine, a hobby which I enjoy, but do not pursue as much as I used to.
Although I wish that were not so.

This is in part who I am, as to why I am doing this Blog? I can leave you only with one answer in the form of a question.

Why not?

No comments: